Do You Want to Learn Programming But Feel Overwhelmed? Start Here
Coding is one of the most valuable hard skills you can learn in 2022. Why?
You can stop worrying about unemployment. Coding is in high demand.
- You don't need to complete a four-year degree to become a good programmer.
- You can land 6-figure jobs.
- You can work remotely.
- You can open your own business (or businesses!).
- You develop problem-solving skills.
- You understand how 21st-century technology works: computer programs, artificial intelligence, blockchain, etc.
It has the potential to land you completely remote, location independent jobs that pay well (because the nature of work is such that you can work remotely).
I'm not convinced this is for you, but if you have a growth mindset you should think about coding the way of the most influential people in the world do:
"I think coding is the new literacy. It's the instruction set for the most powerful tool ever created."
"I taught myself how to program computers when I was a kid, bought my first computer when I was 10, and sold my first commercial program when I was 12.”
"Everybody should learn to program a computer, because it teaches you how to think."
"Our policy at Facebook is literally to hire as many talented engineers as we can find. There just aren't enough people who are trained and have these skills today."
The skill has been getting a lot of attention and a lot of courses and resources have popped up online to fulfill this need.
But here is the problem with most of these courses:
- They assume a basic level of knowledge
- They assume you know what you want
- They go too much in-depth on things that don’t really matter practically
- They’re too long and you have to put in a considerable amount of time before you can decide if it’s a good fit for you or not
I keep getting a ton of DM’s and emails from people who want to get started with programming but have no idea how to start, and are overwhelmed with the sheer amount of noise out there, so I created this course to help you.
Is this book for me?
Absolutely! This book will help you, regardless of your current programming level.
I'm new to programming
If you have zero or little experience, this book will teach you everything you need to know, from scratch:
- What is programming
- Different types of programming languages and paradigms
- How to learn your first programming language
- How to learn multiple programming languages
- The most important programming concepts that apply to any language
- How to write clean code and tests
- The fundamental computer science ideas you need to know
In addition to this, I have included a Software Development Roadmaps BONUS PDF where I lay out road maps to different careers in software development like web, blockchain, machine learning, mobile, etc. so that you have a clear learning path after you finish this book.
I have some coding experience
If you already have some experience, this book will fill in any knowledge gaps you may have and will help you to cement your understanding of the fundamentals of programming.
In addition to this, thanks to the Software Development Roadmaps BONUS PDF you will have a clearer idea of the different paths you can take after you master the basics.
Also, if you are interested in advancing your career as a software developer - who isn't? - you will also find tips on resumes, interview preparation, getting promotions, etc. in the A Career in Software Development BONUS PDF.
Who am I?
My name is Sergio. I am currently a Senior DevOps Engineer. I have landed jobs at companies like Amazon (developing Alexa), eBay, or MathWorks (the creators of MATLAB).
I do 1-on-1 mentorship calls where I have helped others learn programming and advance their career.
However, I do not have a Computer Science degree.
I had to figure out everything on my own: how to learn programming, data structures, and algorithms, how to get my first job, how to get the job at the best tech companies like Amazon and eBay, how to get promoted, etc.
Yet, I have never found a book that explains programming concepts to beginners in a friendly way, teaches them how to navigate the different software specializations and answers the most common questions we all have had at the beginning of our programming journey. That's why I wrote this book.
This book contains years of experience, both as a learner and a teacher.
After you finish this book, you will have a good idea of what programming really is and the systems I have used to learn to code at an accelerated pace. It took me years to develop this philosophy and it is now available to you in this book.
I assume zero knowledge on your part and explain everything from scratch.
By the end of this course, you will:
- Understand the fundamentals of programming
- Know the essential computer science concepts every developer needs
- Have detailed roadmaps to know how to dive deeper into different software specializations: frontend, backend, blockchain, mobile development, etc.
- Know how to start building your portfolio
- Know how to get your first job as a developer
- Know how to get promotion, raises, passing job interviews, etc
This guide offers you a simple introduction to one of the most important, basic programming languages - Python.
Python is great language for beginners:
- It is easy to learn
- It allows you to create programs in fewer lines of code than most languages
- It is portable (you don’t have to rewrite your programs for different platforms like Linux, Windows or iOS)
- You can use it for developing web applications, data science, machine learning, etc.
By the time you make it half through this course you will feel like you have been writing code for months!
But Sergio, Why Can’t I Learn This from YouTube?
You can. But the thing is ...
Most of those courses are made for everyone.
This is made specifically with you in mind - who wants to get started with programming but is overwhelmed with the amount of choices and doesn’t know how to get started.
BONUS #1: "Software Development Roadmaps" Guide
You will explore different paths you can take after learning the fundamentals of programming (explained in the book). You will get roadmaps to learn:
- Frontend, backend, and full-stack web development
- Blockchain development
- Mobile Development
- Machine Learning and Data Science
You will see what each of them is about along with the basic theoretical knowledge you will need to absorb.
In addition to this, I will cover the most relevant technologies and tools for each of them and I will present examples to make sure you understand the core of each.
With this bonus, you will have a clearer picture that will make future learning easier.
BONUS #2: "A Career in Software Development" Guide
By now, you have a clear idea of the basic concepts in programming as well as the different specializations you can dive into and the tools needed for each.
It is time to start your career as a software developer. You will learn:
- How to get your first job
- How to prepare for job interviews
- How to advance your career
- How to get a job at a FAANG (Facebook, Amazon, Apple, Netflix, Google) company
You will learn from what I did well and the mistakes I made during my career as a software developer
Bonus #3: A Programming and Career FAQ (Constantly Updated)
I have compiled a list of the most common questions I have received from beginners. Some of them are:
- How do I learn to program?
- What is the best programming language?
- Do I need to memorize the syntax of the language?
- What is the most important skill for a developer?
- How long will it take to learn to code?
- What programming language should I learn first?
- Do I need a computer science degree to become a programmer?
- Do I need to learn data structures and algorithms to become a developer?
- Do I need to learn math to become a developer?
- What is Tutorial hell? How do I escape it?
- Should I use free resources to learn to program or buy courses?
You will have access to all updates to this FAQ as I add more questions.
30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
If this guide does not work for you, just send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll gladly give you a full refund.
This makes your purchase completely risk-free.
If things work out for you, awesome. You've made a great investment that will get you writing code and building your portfolio in no time.
If they don't, then you get your entire money back by just sending me an email.
If that math doesn't convince you to give it a try, I don't know what will; however, I have something extra for you:
Bonus #4: A Curated List of Resources to Continue Learning
You won’t have to worry about finding the right book or course to keep learning programming. In this list, I include resources for:
- Writing clean code
- Less known but extremely effective FAANG interview preparation resources. There is life beyond “Cracking the Coding Interview”
- SQL and NoSQL databases
- Distributed Systems
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Reviews and Testimonials:
Click the I WANT THIS button to get started coding today.
You will get all updates forever for free, if you get in at this price now.
(Right below if you're on mobile, and on the right sidebar above if you're on desktop.)
Here's what you get
Zero To Code ebook136 page book
Software Development Roadmaps Guide45 page guide, For FREE.
Career in Software Development guide26 page guide, For FREE.
A programming and career FAQ (constantly updated)11 page guide, For FREE.
A curated list of resources to keep learning programming8 page guide, For FREE.
- Here's what you get
- Zero To Code ebook136 page book
- Software Development Roadmaps Guide45 page guide, For FREE.
- Career in Software Development guide26 page guide, For FREE.
- A programming and career FAQ (constantly updated)11 page guide, For FREE.
- A curated list of resources to keep learning programming8 page guide, For FREE.